Friday, November 6, 2015

Oct. 17---an old subdivision a couple miles from our apartment and a new park for me---3 Mountains!
Every since we've been coming to South Florida to visit Angie and Josh, we've driven by a subdivision off Wiles Rd. that had a covered bridge leading into it.  We finally decided to drive around in there.   In a way, it reminded me of the neighborhood Tim and FAith lived in back in St. Louis where every house was on about an acre of land.  Not something you see in newer subdivisions!  I fell in love with this neighborhood!!!





 Ok, like Tim and Faith's old neighborhood if palm trees grew there!
 so many unique houses.
 being so close to the Everglades, it has canals.
 I was surprised how many houses were for sale in here!  Just looked this one up online and it's a beautiful home inside and out!!!  2,744sq. feet for $450,000.  Built in 1972, completely renovated, and on .51 acres of land.  If only we were in the market for a house costing that much!
 another example of the variety of houses here.

 Then there are a bunch of newer looking ones, but with the same huge yards.
 part of someones yard.
 I imagine this, too, is a newer house.
 another canal
 another unique home
 another little yard
 I love the privacy many of these houses have, too.
  Close to sunset, I decided we should go check out 3 Mountains Park in Coral Springs.  Although it's funny what they consider a mountain!   Angie had told us about this park right here in Coral Springs, so I thought I'd check it out for sunset.  Has potential, but I was rushed to find a spot since we got there about 10 minutes before sunset.  I was intrigued to see a coach there and cross country students practicing running the hills.  Must be hard to find challenging cross country routes here in South Florida!  I've taken pictures at many many cross country meets in St. Louis and they were some of my favorite assignments because of their locations.  There was a course even close to where we lived that was given the nick name "Manmaker" because of the "hills" in it that would have put these "mountains to shame.

 heading up the "mountain"
 looking back down to where I came from
 some of the tiny wild flowers growing all over the hills.
 more tiny ground cover.
 looking south from the top of mountain 1.
 Heading to mountain 2.
 looking east from mountain 2
 My favorite picture---looking west from the other side of the above tree on mountain 2
 on the back side of the "mountains" I found a large canal.
 looking East along the canal
 heading back to  the car and checking out these interesting "flowers?" on a tree in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment