Friday, November 6, 2015

10-8-15 mini 2 night trip to Wyndham Royal Vista-------
Still have Wyndham points that need to be used before the end of the year, so I found 2 consecutive nights at the Royal Vista in a 2 bedroom unit.  This is the Pompano Wyndham that is actually on the beach, so I was looking forward to seeing the ocean from our room for a couple nights.
View from our room.  Also loved that one of the pools was heated---even though we used the other pool, too.

 looking towards the front door from the patio door.  Master bedroom and bathroom to the left, 2nd ones to the right.
 Nice large well equiped kitchen. 
 Master bedroom.  Now when we go to the Wyndhams we're usually in a place bigger then where we  live now!
 2nd bathroom.
 2nd bedroom.
 We went to the beach and watched the storm clouds roll in
 I was even about to get in the water when I spotted this large jelly fish.  I think it's one of the pink moon jellyfish without stingers like we see in the Caribbean quite often, but I didn't want to take any chances since the water wasn't very clear and I didn't think I'd see it in the water. (I now believe these guys do sting!  I think this is what got me in Key West on our cruise in Nov. of 2015!  Left my whole arm welted and after that subsided, it itched terribly for another week or so!)
 Storm getting closer.
 Surprisingly, there was no lightening with the storm, so we hit the pool.  First the one by the bar at the back of the resort.   But when it started pouring, we had to get out to put our stuff in a dry place.  We thought we had that covered putting it under an umbrella, but a worker went and closed the umbrella when the rain started. 
 So we headed towards the other pool knowing there was a big pavillion with chairs and side tables there.  We put the stuff there and jumped in this pool.  That's when we discovered that this pool was heated whereas the other one wasn't.  Really felt great with the rain pouring down!
 Looking from the heated pool area towards the beach.  The gated pool is a kiddie pool and to the left is a little market attached to the resort.  The unheated pool is around the building to the left.  Only thing missing here is a jacuzzi.  I find it interesting that there is a fence around the children's pool, but not the other pools!---wouldn't want the kids to accidentally get into the kiddie pool!
 Eventually we went back to our room and gazed out at the ocean with all it's cloud cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment