Friday, November 6, 2015

Oct. 29, 2015--back to S. Florida---
Our short, but sweet, vacation to Orlando was over.  It was nice being able to just drive here in about 3 hours and not spend the money on airfare and car rental!  When we decided to come up and join the Schneides, I did check airfare and found a really good fare back to STL on Frontier for something like $59.  So Ken decided he'd fly back to STL from there and winterize the house (I'm sure he was just wanting a chance to go back to St. Louis for awhile).  So I dropped him off at the airport about noon and continued on my way back to S. Florida.  I'm not a good distance driver, so I did have to make a couple stops along the way---one was to Wendy's and the other to a gardens in West Palm Beach that is a reciprocal garden to our Missouri Botanical Gardens.  Unfortunately, by the time I got there, it was almost 4 and they closed at 4.  So I didn't get many pictures of Mounts Botanical Garden.




 That was all within about 10' of the gate.  I was surprised they closed so early.  May have to go back when the LEGO exhibit is there.
 So long gardens---love that there are still trees flowering in Oct. 

No comments:

Post a Comment