Friday, November 6, 2015

Oct. 19, 2015---Butterfly World--
We've passed this park many times and I've been wanting to go, but wanted to wait until it "cooled" down a bit.  Well, I think winter is here!  We're in the low 80's with low humidity and even our storms have quieted down.  Pool temperature is probably down to 80 now.  Anyway---yesterday I decided it would be a good day to check out Butterfly World.  I had a $5 coupon, but really wasn't aware of what the full price was.  I was rather surprised when I gave them the coupon and they said, "that'll be $23 now)!  I decided I'd get my $23 worth and stay a long time.  That actually wasn't hard to do!  I spent about 4 hours there until they started announcing it would be closing for the night.  I showed them, though!---on my way out, I credited my ticket towards a yearly pass and paid the difference.  Turns out, if you go twice, it pays for the pass.  Hopefully I'll go more then twice.
Doesn't look like much from the outside.  You can't tell that it goes on and on with several outside screened in open air "buildings".  

This is going into the 1st of 2 buildings where the butterflies are.  
 One of the many colorful butterflies I saw.

 There were lots of these guys.
 another more unique one.

 close up
 To my pleasant surprise, they also had a bunch of birds here.  Some were in with the butterflies.  Then there were a couple other aviaries full of more colorful birds.





 From the butterfly area, there was a walkway through a bunch of climbing plants.  Not many were in bloom, but the ones that are were really interesting.



Then the walkway lead into one of the many aviaries.  




 This picture makes me smile---like they're asking each other who the itiot is with the box (camera) in front of her face.
On the outside of that aviary and in the open, I even saw this Monarch butterfly who was just passing through.
 one of the walkways between screened in areas.
 some of the botanical beauties.
 into the Macaw house.
 awwww!
 On to the parrot near another aviary.
I LOVED the aviaries.  If it hadn't been for them, I probably wouldn't have bought the year membership.


 loved the botanicals here, too!






 the foundtain would periodically spout---catching this birdie by surprise.


 They do like to play in hair, too! 

 near the Garden Center, Cafe, and Giftshop---then the exit.
 These "flowers" were on the sidewalk near my car.
 So would I recommend Butterfly World---yes.  It is so much more then a butterfly "world".  It is a botanical garden and has probably as many birds as butterflies.  I can see me going back and sitting on a bench in one of the "rooms" and watching the butterflies or birds play in their beautiful surroundings!

No comments:

Post a Comment