Friday, November 6, 2015

11-3-my first camera club competition--
I believe I mentioned before that I joined a camera club.  The 1st Tues of the month they show submissions and are judged by various qualified judges.  Today's judge was someone who owns or runs a photo developing business and is qualified to judge professional photographer competitions.  Our theme for this month was graffiti.  I wasn't a member yet when they went there, but I had gone there with Angie back in April.  So I looked through those pictures and found 2 that looked like they might work for a competition.  There were some really interesting pictures, but they knew they were taking them for a competition.  Although some of the works that received 10s had me scratching my head.  I ended up with 3-8s, but think I have a little better idea of what they're looking for.  I guess we'll see.
I don't really remember him saying anything negative about this one, but it still only got an 8.

 This one was was criticized for the guy being "blown out".
 We could also enter 1 picture of anything---although I'm sure I heard some names announced 4 or 5 times in this category!  This one was criticized for the power lines running across the sky.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment