Monday, March 14, 2016

March 9, 2015---Green Cay:

Can't go to WAkodahatchee without also going by Green Cay.  I thought I'd just do the short route, but ended up continuing on.  Glad I did.  Got to see a couple new guys, including a screech owl.
Some of the Green Cay wetlands.
a rather large alligator
 another picture of the gator
more wetlands
 the nature building at Green Cay
more of the boardwalk.
I believe this is a palm warbler.
 a lone sandpiper
a new comer---black necked stilt
another palm warbler.  They resemble a yellow rump warbler, but are more yellow
 The hard to see owl.  They are very small.  About the size of a canteloupe.
I believe this is an Ovenbird!  Again, I always assume all these yellowish birds are yellow rump warblers since there are so many of them around here, but when I look at the picture, I notice it's not a yellow rump!
another view of the Ovenbird
more of the boardwalk.
I believe this is a female painted bunting.
The ovenbird again.
more of the wetlands.
a woodstork trying to hide behind a purple weed.
more of the scenic walkway
beautiful unique flower (iris?) .
another photo of the flower
walkway towards a pavilion.
more flowering weeds.
there are more birds at WAkodahatchee, but the mile long boardwalk around Green Cay is a beautiful walk.
Hopefully I'll get back here at least once a week---at least until the birthing season is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment