Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March 26, 2016---heading back to S. Florida (Easter):

One of the reasons we went to Georgia with Angie was so that she could stay a little longer and we would drive the trailer back and turn it in.  The one way rentals were quite a bit more then a rt rental, so she's returned the trailer each time so far.
We left shortly before they left for Easter mass.  It was another cloudy day, but not bad for a long ride.  It was nice driving through rolling hills.  
 more wisteria
Love photographing old barns---even at 70 m/h.
and colorful countrysides.
I believe these are pecan trees.
I also noticed (finally) all the huge old oak trees in S. Georgia and even into N. Florida.
Lots of cows, too.

 And lots of pine trees.
Don't know what Navy base this is associated with, but it always reminds me of my Dad and his years in the Air force.
 Another old barn---the more dilapidated the more interesting.
 Would love to see the furniture that I presume they'll make out of these pieces of wood.

On to the Florida Turnpike and all the privacy walls.  Up by Orlando I noticed they even paint the stamped in designs.  In S. Florida, they're just recessed.
 S. Florida scrub lands.
Getting down into S. Florida.
10 hours later we were back in our current area of Coral Springs.  
I had dreaded the long ride, but it really wasn't too bad.  I must be getting old!  I'm finding it easier to just sit around for hours on end!

No comments:

Post a Comment