Thursday, March 31, 2016

March 30---Tradewinds park for another pretty sunset:

Another rainy afternoon.   Angie was back to working on her house---packing more boxes and grouting the last of the tiles in the master bath.  It's now done and beautiful!  We didn't have anything to do there, so didn't go by until after sunset.  Wanting something different then Loxahatchee for a change, I suggested we go to Tradewinds park for sunset.
We got there early enough that I was able to wander around.  I was infatuated with horses in my childhood.  Going here reminds me of those days.  An added bonus was the rainbow that reminds me of Mom--she use to wish me lots of rainbows.
I even got to see birds.

There was even a gaggle of Egyptian geese.
and a pony.
and lots of pretty horses.
 They look to be well taken care of.
 walking over to the bridge and beyond.

 yellow wild flowers!  Haven't seen them before.
Love that the trees are starting to bloom, too.  They really do have seasons here in S. Florida.  There are several trees that loose their leaves in the winter and now they are beginning to bloom and leaf out.
looking east from the bridge.
 looking towards the equestrian area from the bridge.
 ibises flying overhead in an orderly fashion.  Sure going to miss seeing all the large unique birds all over the place.
Looking towards the pastures from the bridge.
sun starting to set and lighting up the clouds to the East.
heading back over the bridge.
a sunset rainbow to the East.
 Almost set.
 amazing how quickly the clouds filled in!  Before I could get back to the car, it was pouring.
Stopped by and visited with Angie a bit before heading home.  Another great day in paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment