Monday, March 7, 2016

March 1---Peaceful WAters:

This evening was when I was heading back to the West Palm Beach airport to pick up Ken, so I wanted to hit the bird trails again along the way.  But since I was just at Green Cay and Wakodahatchee the day before, I decided to head to Peaceful Waters.  I was really disappointed that none of the birds we saw there a couple weeks ago were there anymore---the flock of Spoonbills, flock of White Pelicans, as well as lots of Ibises and ducks and such.  At least it was a pretty day, so I got a walk in---toting a heavy 150-600mm lens.
Did see this guy---another new creature for me--basilisk!  I hear he's also called a Jesus Lizard because he can walk on water.  Really reminded me of a tiny dinosaur!
 It was another very pretty day here in South Florida.  Breezy and about 72.  Nice day for a walk.
 I believe this is a snowy egret.
 a female Red Winged Blackbird.
 an Ibis.
 Great Egret
 I think this is a Tricolor Heron.
A couple Florida Cooters.
 which way to go?
 Still a pretty walk.
 with a really nice boardwalk, as well as mowed grassy walkways.
 Mottled ducks?  I assumed they were whistling ducks when I took the picture, but now I see they aren't.
 heading out.
I thought about going to Wakodahatchee for a little while, but I would have been back tracking and would have only had about 30 minutes there before having to head off to the airport.  So I headed towards the airport.  Even stopped and shopped in a couple stores along the way.  Still got to the cell phone lot plenty early.  Ken's flight was on time for a change, but they had jetway problems, so it took him about 45 minutes to get off the plane.  At least there was a nice breeze blowing so I sat in the car with the windows down and enjoyed the breeze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment