Friday, April 22, 2016

4-17-16  Loxahatchee sunset:

I've been slacking off lately on getting my daily blog uploaded!  Now that the house is under contract, we're back to playing tourist. 

Looked like we might have another pretty sunset tonight, so we went to our usual sunset spot---Loxahatchee in Parkland.  We actually got there about 1 1/2 hours before sunset, so I went exploring.  Even found a few birds to bother.

 Then I noticed people riding bikes on the berm that had been closed.  So I decided to take a bit of a walk along it.  Nice getting some different views from the place we go to so frequently.
 Looks like a nice bike path!  Even if you do have to share it with vultures!
 another bird---Great Blue Heron I presume.
 views looking towards the greater area of Loxahatchee.
more of the trail and Loxahatchee.
 Nice view of the moon, too.
The sun getting low.  Now sunset isn't until about 7:45.  I'm loving the extra daylight!
We always see fishermen here.  I happened by right as this guy caught his dinner.  Nice size bass.
Looking down the canal by the road leading to this part of Loxahatchee.
heading over to our usual spot.
There it is---our sunset spot!
Too bad we don't have a spot where it sets over the water!
 Sunset wasn't that great.  But it was a beautiful evening to be out!
Even get to watch the fanboat tours and  fishing boats come in.
Even though I sometimes complain that we come here for sunset so often, I'm going to miss it when we move!

No comments:

Post a Comment