Saturday, April 16, 2016

4-14-16 -- Green Cay:

Been awhile since I've been here.  There wasn't many birds there the last couple times I went, so I haven't bothered going back.  But I figured it would be really pretty now that most of the trees have leafed out again.  I decided to use my 16-300 wide angle/zoom lens here and take a bunch of scenics.
Even took a picture of the sign.
Looking across the wetlands from the main building.
 boardwalk from the east side of the main building.
looking north/west on the boardwalk.

looking across to the pavilion across the wetlands. 
 a little pond within the wetlands.
I believe these are Purple Martins
these, too?
 Love all the purple weeds blooming now
 and a few white ones.
 the water here was rather green.
 more of the boardwalk.

 all these are pictures from the boardwalk---a very pretty mile or so walk!
 note the hawk on the dead tree.
 posing for his close up.
continuing on the boardwalk


 another interesting white wild flower/weed!  Reminded me of a fancy Queen Anne's Lace flower.
There were a few bird here---like this ibis and quite a few moorhens.



 lots of shady places, too.  Wasn't bad with the breeze and the shade. 
 loved the shadows on the walkway.  This wasn't too far from where the owls were.  I looked for them, but didn't see them this time.
 heading back out into the sun.



 a tri-colored heron hanging out here.
 looking across towards the main entrance.
This wood stork was interesting to watch---he kept putting his left wing out when he was foraging for food.
just past the pavilion.
 on to the west side of Green Cay.


 looking toward the north side of the wetlands.
 looking south again.
 beautiful day for getting reflection shots!
walking south on the west side of the cay.

 looking east.
 Even caught this anhinga fishing.
 and eating.
 almost back to the entrance.

 more wild flowers.
a female red-winged blackbird.
almost to the main building.
looking s/w 
 I think there have always been turtles on this tree everytime I've been by there.

 Some pretty yellow wild flowers!
Not many birds there, but it was a pretty walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment