Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Feb. 18, 2016---more of the Butterfly World in Coral Springs:

Since I bought a year's membership here, I decided to stop by on my way home from Evergreen Cemetery.  Wanted to play with my new lens there, but there were quite a few people here so most of the pictures were taken with my 18-200 lens.  At least I knew there would be birds and butterflies here!
And even lots of pretty flowers.  Nice seeing flowers in Feb.!

 I recognize this guy as a Blue Morph.
 Don't know what this guy is, but I see he has a broken wing.  Poor little guy.
 I heard someone referring to this as a moth.  Certainly is a colorful moth!
 Lots of these guys
 a couple Blue Morphs and a Malachite butterfly.  Never saw a Malachite until this week, now I've seen 2 in the wild and one here.
 ???
 ???
 Love the passion flowers!
 don't remember what these flowers are, but they are strange.
 Another passion flower
 and another
 I don't know what this is---looks like a tiny watermelon!
 purple passion flower
 ???
 Into the aviary.  Looks like the ever so common yellow rump warbler


 a quail, I presume



 even had passion flowers in the aviary.



 If you're still too long, the birds will try to take your hair for building a nest.
 These guys were talking to each other from different areas---one was in with the butterflies and the other was in the aviary.

 another of my favorite flowers---hibiscus
 ????
It still amazes me that so many people go there being as expensive as it is.  Maybe they all buy yearly passes!  I guess I'm just use to all the free activities in St. Louis.  Although if you don't have a reciprocal membership with MOBOT, our butterfly house in St. Louis isn't free---it's a whopping $3!

No comments:

Post a Comment