Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Feb. 12, 2016---Blue's Hockey!

The night was finally here. 
The BB&T center is actually not too far from Coral Springs.  Getting there was a breeze.  Leaving---well that was still crowded.
 It had been awhile since I've seen a Blue's game so I was pretty excited about it.  I've been to many high school games to take candids of the games, so I was looking forward to taking some pictures from our seats with my DSLR.  That didn't pan out too well.  When we were going through security, I was told I couldn't bring my camera in.  So all I got were a couple pictures with a cell phone.

 The panthers actually draw a pretty good crowd---surprising to see that so many people here watch ice hockey!
 It was a good game.  We managed to win it 5-3.  It was nice seeing the Blue's play so well.  We sat behind the Blue's goal for 2 periods.  There were a few Blues fans by us, but we were infiltrated by Panther fans.  2 teen age girls sat behind us for the 2nd period and talked and yelled the whole time.  3 guy Panther fans came and sat directly in front of us then, too, and used cow bells when they scored.  Fortunately for us, we scored more then they did and Angie has quite the whistle!  I think she got our point across!

 1st period before all the invaders came.  Maybe they all like coming to ice hockey games because it gives them a chance to wear long sleeves and hats here in the winter.
 one of the silly competitions between periods.  I think it would be fun to see a hockey game where the players wear these bubbles!
 I know they're the Panthers, but why do they have a mascot of a rat?!


No comments:

Post a Comment