Friday, February 5, 2016

Feb. 2, 2016---flat tire, walk, and CSCC meeting:

My regular plans for Tues, didn't go so well today.  We usually go to the $2.50 Tues. movie, then to early dinner, but today we ended up with a flat tire on our way to the movie.  We made it to a tire shop.  It was going to take about 1.5 hours to get it done, so I decided to walk the 2 miles or so back to the apartment.  Got home just before Ken called to say the car was done and did I want to go to early dinner.  At least it was a beautiful day for a walk and I definately need the exercise.  I even stopped to take a couple pictures!
One of the thousands of canals around here.
 The typical Coral Springs side walks.  At least they don't worry about them being straight.
 One of the thousands of schools around here!  This one is right across from our apartment complex.

Later, it was time to have some more pictures judged.  This time the judge was more generous.  I submitted 4 pictures and ended up with an 8, two 9s, and a 10.  I even put some photoshop into the entries.  Not like some of the members do.  Many of them will totally change a photo so that it's not a photo anymore.  Instead it may be like a collage, or fabricated picture, but not a photo----like a zebra with multicolored stripes or a hand showing up out of nowhere with a bottle of wine being poured on something  (and they usually get 10s for those).  I still like my photos to look like photos, just better then they may have looked when I took it.
For example---our assigned subject this month was religious architecture and cemetaries.   So for my assigned digital photo  I took this picture of Waioli Huiia Church in Kauai----
 and turned it into this:
But the sky didn't show up as dark on their projector and I got "dinged" for that and got a 9.

I also took one of my sports pictures:
and turned it into this:
It got a "10"

For my printed assignment, I made a b&w of this door at St. Vitas Church in Prague---
it got "dinged" for the door not being straight--even though this was the angle I was going for.  It got a 9.

My final print was just one that came in the mail from Shutterfly not too long ago---no altering of it---
It got an 8.  He said he didn't know what to look at!  I was going for a scenic---you're suppose to look at the whole picture! 

Sue and Hi weren't there so I didn't even have anyone to complain with!  Next meeting is going to be a photo show of Yellowstone park done by one of the club members.  Wonder if they'd like to see some of my Kauai or Oregon photos at one of the meetings?

No comments:

Post a Comment