Saturday, February 20, 2016

Feb. 16, 2016 continued: Flamingo Gardens 

When I was leaving Tree Tops Park, I knew I had to be pretty close to Flamingo Gardens, so I googled it on my phone and sure enough it was only about 4 miles away.  Had to run by there and use my free reciprocal membership again.
First to greet me was this Haliconia

 I took the path to the tram
 passed some orchids growing in a tree
 The tram wasn't back yet, so I checked out the Florida panther.  Looks like a cougar to me.
 another pretty butterfly I hadn't seen before.
 This guy didn't seem to happy to see me.
So I went and hung out by the Flamingo pond until the tram appeared.
 A male peacock was trying to impress a peahen, but I don't think she was too impressed.
 I was, though!
 one of the many ibises there.
 more of them
 and flamingos


When the tram arrived, I went to see if it was going out again.  It did, with just me on it.  I enjoyed my personal tour.  There were lots of grounds keepers out picking up branches.  Apparently the storms that went by earlier knocked a lot of limbs down.
 an Egyptian Goose
 the  original land owner's house
 a peacock strutting down the lane
 one of the many broken branches
 I believe she said these were persimmon flowers
A swan that made the pond here it's home.
 more foliage.
Then I had time to run to the aviary for a little bit.
a little Screech Owl in the cages before the aviary
 in the aviary
 nesting pelicans?
 bird bath
 king fisher
 an angry duck
 a happy duck
 a wood duck
 Bald Eagle in another cage.
and the old big cluster fig (or something like that) along the route to the exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment