Monday, December 14, 2015

12-12-15 CSCC trip to Hobe Park for sunset over Miami:

This was a busy day!  But a fun one!  First we went up to Sugar Chest Antique Mall for their holiday "party".  The dealers were suppose to be there and bring snacks.  We went to support Angie and see what's new in the shops.  And to eat some more of her delicious home made chocolate chip cookies.  While wandering around, Ken asked me to take a picture of this ruler made into a star.  Apparently his Dad use to do that.
 He also has friends with lots of collections, such as Hopalong Cassidy stuff.  He had me take a picture of this to send to his friend.
 Here we are at Angie's booth.  She's put a lot of work into this endeavor.  Wish they had more customers come through.
something I thought about buying for myself.
I got a kick out of this.  I had seen this guy at the Salvation Army up in Tamarac a couple weeks ago.  I had even texted Angie to see if she wanted it for her shop.  She passed on it.  Now it's in someone else's booth.
From there Ken dropped me off at a fellow CSCC member's apartment.  He didn't want to go down into Miami, so I hitched a ride with 3 other member's.  It was fun and they were a great bunch.  We got to the island plenty early for sunset.  I was a little surprised to see the president of the club was already there.  It was about 3:45 then.  Sunset was about 5:30, but this time of the year, it didn't even set over Miami.  So our shoot became more a Miami skyline and night skyline shoot.  But the weather was great, the views were beautiful, and the company was great.









 Funny how the whole group pretty much just stayed here.  I roamed around, but did sit here for awhile chatting with one of the gals while we waited for sunset.
I even roamed to watch the sunset over an area way to our south.
 Back by the area all the photographers were at we did get a little color in the sky.




 Eventually darkness set in. 

 Our president and his wife are Cuban, so they arranged for us to eat at the Cuban restaurant, La Curreta, after our shoot.
Dinner was very good.  I had a fried shredded beef dinner with beans and rice and fried plantains.
By the time we were heading back to their apartment, is was after 10.  By the time I got home, I was pretty much beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment