Friday, December 11, 2015

12-10-15  biking to Loxahatchee---

It was another beautiful calm day today.  So I decided to go explore on my bike some more.   Turned onto Heron Bay boulevard again.  
 Love the full and varied foliage along the walking/bike path.
 There's even a lot of shade this way.
 I went back to the dirt road behind Heron Bay and took it the other direction. 
still going.
I knew the tower was by Loxahatchee, so I figured this must go there.
 And it did. 

The water was still very high from all the rain.  This is usually sandy quite a ways out and where a lot of the boats go out of.
 On top of the hill between the 2 sections of lake.
 The lake on the north side.
more of the north side.
This guy was sunning on the south side bank until I walked down there.  Sure glad I scared him because I didn't even see him until after he jumped into the water.  After he jumped, he turned around to watch me.  
 So I decided to leave him to his bank and ride down the berm a ways.  That's when I came across this sign.  I'm not sure what a weed barrier is, but I don't think I saw any!  Would have liked to get a better picture of the bird on top of the sign, though, but all I had with me was my phone.
Now I was in new territory for me.

 It was a pretty ride.

 about .5 miles in, I came to a metal bridge where the 2 lakes come together.  This is looking to the north from the bridge.
 a wider angle looking north.
 I believe this was looking south.  There were a couple pedestrians there who said there was another bridge down the berm a couple more miles.  Since I was already over 7 miles from home, I decided to leave them for another day.
That night we went to dinner with Angie.  Shortly after we dropped her off, there was this amazing sunset.  I don't recall ever seeing pink sun rays like this before.  This is actually a picture Angie took and sent to me.  She had even a better view of it then I did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment