Thursday, July 9, 2015

July 9---Hugh Taylor Birch park near Fort Lauderdale.

 Today was the day Angie and Josh were flying back from their trip to Washington DC so we headed towards FLL a bit early and thought we'd check out Fort Lauderdale  beach.  I was rather surprised when we drove down A1A and hit a lot of construction.  Not much beach to see!
 But I remembered driving through a park nearby once so I suggested we go there and have our pic nic dinner of sub sandwiches.  There was an entrance fee to get in the park, something like $10/car.  There's even an underground tunnel to the beach from this park, so it wouldn't be a bad place to park and go to the beach.  I thought I'd walk over to the beach.  Took a few pictures along my walk.


 But when I got to the tunnel, the sign said it closed at something like 5:30pm, so I didn't take it since it was already that time.

 So we drove around the park and found some pic nic tables along the intercoastal where we stopped


and ate our dinner.Views along the intercoastal.
 There's even a stop for the Water Taxi.  Another thing I'd like to do again some day!  This park also is a place a lot of people go to ride their bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment