Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 29, 2015---Sanibel!  Finally, I got to go to the other coast for the day.  Unfortunately the weather wasn't very cooperative, but the couple we were meeting made the trip well worth it.


Our son's father-in-law and his girlfriend were down vacationing in their condo in Siesta Kay.  So we arrange to meet them about half way between ours and their place, which happened to be Sanibel.  It was about a 2.5 hour drive from each of us.  There is a fee ($6 if I remember correctly) to enter the island, but it's worth it.We met them at CheeBurger CheeBurger (recommended by our daughter and son-in-law).  It was great.


 I was hoping to be able to play in the water, but before we left my husband said, "You aren't taking your swimsuit are you?"  But not really in a questioning tone.  So I didn't.  Brenda and I walked the waters edge and waded farther and farther out.  Finally we decided swimsuits or not, we're getting in!  It was a lot of fun!
 At least it was warm, even though it wasn't sunny.  
We did find some interesting walkways, too.


 And a National Park on the island that had an additional fee.  Ken had his Senior Pass, so our carload got in free.   We stopped a few places in the park and watched the fish jumping.  I believe they said they were mullets.  I even caught a fish jumping in a picture I was taking of an unusual bird.
 Better picture of the bird.
 better picture of the bay side.  Even saw a little blue sky for a short while.

 I hoped to see sunset from Sanibel, but it was totally overcast by then.  So we went to another restaurant on the bay.  I forget the name of it, but it was very good, too.
  Looking towards the bridge back to the mainland as we were leaving the restaurant.
 Looking back at the restaurant as we were leaving.
 It was a fun day.  Hopefully we don't need an excuse to get back there some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment