Friday, August 7, 2015

8-7-15  to Angie's to take her to Josh's work, then we continued on to North Lauderdale
.I love the landscaping around here!  Especially at the entrances to the different subdivisions.  Some day I'll have to go around just taking pictures of that.  But today I got this one in Parkland.


 On to Angie's house where we encountered this rather large lizard who seems to have made his home in one of the trees in Angie and Josh's front yard.
 Just another picture of our little green friend.
 On the way to Josh's work was this rainbow.  Years ago my Mom wrote, "I wish you rainbows", so everytime I see one, I think of her.  I bet Mom would have loved S. Florida as much as I do!


 After dropping Angie off with Josh so they could ride together to pick up friends from the airport, Ken and I continued to the coast. 


 We didn't go prepared to swim, so after a short visit here, we continued north and checked out some more around Ft. Lauderdale.
Don't remember what this guy was by, just thought he was rather cute.
 Some of Fort Lauderdale.
 More along A1a through Lauderdale.
 Finally we came upon a nice large beach area in North Lauderdale.
  We decided to park and walk out to the beach and watch sunset.  Just happened to be the parking lot to this historic house---the  4,400sq. ft Carpenter House which was built in 1941.  Apparently you can pay to tour the house, but it was closed by the time we stopped there.   I've been to some estate sales in the Miami area with Angie and Josh to estates that are probably close to being that old and they are quite the sites to see! 

 We took a path along side the house to the beach and set up for sunset.  Even happened to get a really pretty one that night!


 A lady walked up to us and started chatting with us.  Turns out she lives in St. Louis!   She even had friends who knew some of our friends.  Small world!
 Turned out to be one of the best sunsets we've seen in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment