Saturday, August 15, 2015

 8-15-15  north along A1A to West Palm Beach through Delray and Boynton Beach.
Originally I thought we were heading to lighthouse point in Pompano, but  when Ken turned north instead of south on A1A from Deerfield Beach, I figured he decided to go elsewhere.  It didn't matter to me, I was game for anywhere.  About 30 minutes later, Ken mentioned he thought we would be at the lighthouse by now.  To which I replied that we would have it he had turned right instead of left in Deerfield.  For some reason, he seems to be having a really hard time with his directions since we moved here.  Which really surprises me especially when you have an ocean right in front of you.  Obviously you're facing East with the Atlantic there, so left is North and right is South!   Anyway, we were now in new territory so I was enjoying the ride.
Loved this mailbox. 
 I was really shocked to find a trailer park right across from the beach!  Wonder how much they are?!
 Just another interesting different looking house.
 along one of the private beach accesses
 When we came across Boynton Beach Oceanfront Park, we decided to check it out.  Found out that after 5pm the parking is free.  Before then it's only $5.  Pretty much a bargain for S. Florida!
  By our parking spot.
 We did get a kick out of the first "Hazard" here!
 It was so overcast and lack luster in color that we didn't stay here long.
 Don't know the name of it, just loved the architecture.
 We also came across the famous Breakers Hotel.  I've seen it on tv, but this was the first time I've seen it in person---even though it was just to drive around the entrance and continue on our way.
 Love the unique way they sculpt the hedges out this way.
 Even forming tunnels with them.
 and fabulous privacy fences.
Flagler House is as beautiful as I remembered.  I toured it several years ago and will be touring it again one of these days.  Maybe when it's decorated for Christmas!
So what started out as a wrong turn turned into another fun adventure.  


No comments:

Post a Comment