Monday, May 18, 2009

May 18, 2009: Day 2:

Awoke to more rain and temps in the 60s. Since there were no golfers to watch, we watched tractors running around the golf course in the rain.

Also marveled at all the agapanthus growing all over the resort.

Since it kept raining, we decided to go shopping and headed to the Prime Outlet Mall. I offered to let Ken stay at the villa, but he chose to go. Guess he wanted to make sure I didn't go too wild.
After that we decided we might as well go swimming in the rain. I was very disappointed to find that they've closed the West village jacuzzi and stage pool for renovations, so we decided to check out the North Village pool and jacuzzi ---only to find they don't have a jacuzzi there. So we headed to the East Village and hung out there for a couple hours.


On the way back to the villa, we saw this guy in one of the resort ponds. I don't recall ever seeing a Roseate Spoonbill outside of a zoo before!

Here are a few of the resident birds in that pond.

For dinner we decided on a bar b q place named Westgate Smokehouse Grill. Wish I had my camera with me then! Ken ordered the combo dinner which came on a platter larger then any serving platter I have at home! It had a 1/2 slab of ribs, 1/4 white chicken, about 1/2 lb of pulled pork, a large piece of skirt steak(sort of like round steak), ear of corn on the cob, bowl of baked beans, mashed potatoes, bowl of slaw---not to mention the salad and rolls and corn bread that came before that. I got the baked potato and skirt steak and brought half of it back to the villa. Needless to say, Ken brought half of his dinner home, too. It was excellent and a great deal at about $32 (including 25% off for a coupon we found).

No comments:

Post a Comment