Thursday, June 9, 2016

5-10-16 --- one last trip to Wakodahatchee!

We actually have the apartment until June 2nd, but since we have to be back in St. Louis for a wedding before May 21st, we found an apartment in Buford, Ga. that we can move into on May 14th.   Couldn't see going to the wedding, then going back to Coral Springs just to have to pack up and hit the road again.  So after getting back from Granddog sitting, we only had a couple days before we had to load up our stuff (and the rest of Angie and Josh's stuff), and hit the road again.  But first, I took the time to head back up to Wakodahatchee one last time.  I just hope that by the time we've lived in Georgia this long, I find as many interests there as I have here!
So neat getting to see the wetlands with lots of greenery.
 another young great blue


baby cattle egret
 a bunch of young wood storks.
 Young black ibises
 young tri colored herons
 see ya later, alligator
 a stilt taking a bath
 young anhinga being fed.
 iguana
 dragonfly
 I finally saw the young swamp hen again.  Momma was still feeding it, too.
young swamp hen hoofing it.
 even saw a Moorhen with a couple babies

the baby Swamp hen again.
Considering bird watching isn't anything I had ever even considered seriously before, this has been a big added bonus to living in Florida!  I knew I'd love the ocean, sunshine, and palm trees; but had no idea how much fun watching these guys could be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment