Tuesday, May 3, 2016

5-3-16 --- my last Coral Springs Camera Club meeting:

Today was the day for more judging of pictures.  I submitted 2 digital ones.  Usually I printed out 1 or 2 for that part of the judging, too, but I left after the digital judging was done.  The Blues hockey team are in their 2nd round of play offs and Angie was coming over to watch tonight's game with us.  I thought about not going to the meeting, but I have actually made some friends there so wanted to say good bye.  The first couple times I went, everyone seemed stand offish.  Later I figured out those were basically the ones that have been members for 15+ years.  I guess they aren't going to waste their time on new comers until they're there for awhile.  But I did enjoy talking to several of the other photographers. 
This month's theme was "landscapes".  The hard part for me is---which one do I pick!!!!???? 
Ultimately I went with one from an excursion up into the Yukon while on an Alaskan cruise.  As has happened before, it showed up much lighter on the projected screen then on my computer.  I got dinged for it being too light, but he gave it a 9.
 I also entered a digital picture in the open devision.  Open can be anything.  The one 10 I've gotten in the 6 or 7 months I've been there was a sports picture I submitted---go figure.   Anyway---he actually sounded really impressed with this picture---interesting, colorful, well composed, ... .  Then he gave it a 9, even though he had nothing negative to say about it.  But, again, it did show much lighter then on my computer. 
I will say, I thought a lot of the landscape submissions weren't very good---composition and subjectwise.  I would think that would be the easiest thing to take!   Hopefully I'll find a camera club up by Lake Lanier.  Even though the critiquing was somewhat frustrating at times, I do think I learned a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment