Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Sept. 9, 2014  --- Seaside to Dallas:
Originally I thought our trip to Seaside would be a good place to spend the night and explore farther north all the way to Astoria the next day.  But plans changed.  My brother and his wife had just moved back to Dallas the very day we arrived in Oregon, so we told them we'd be happy to help them move their stuff out of storage and to their house.  They spent the previous week fixing things around the house and today was the day they planned to move their stuff out of their storage room.  So we headed straight south.  Although I did make a detour to check out Seaside beach and Cannon Beach with blue skies.  It was a beautiful sunny day today.
The beach in Seaside.  
seagulls 
 giraffe looking tree growing in Seaside.
 Haystack Rock in Cannon Beach.
 Haystack Rock again.
 and again.
odd little spikey berries growing by the beach.
 Distant views towards Cannon Beach.
another lookout with some unique wildflowers growing there.

 Close up of the neat wildflower.
Morning glories ? growing wild near the beach.
 sun shining through the fog in the trees.
 Back along 101.  Love this view while we crossed a lake.
  The distant jagged mountains remind me of Kauai.
The rocks we saw from the train a couple days ago.


passing Garibaldi.
another view looking back at Garibaldi .

The Air Museum in the Blimp Hanger in Tillamook.
One of the many Christmas tree farms in the Willamette Valley.
A buffalo farm in the Valley.
more buffalo.
 My sister's boyfriend working on the side of my brother's house. 
It was about 1 when we reached my brother's place.  4 trips to/from the storage unit with a large U-haul truck, and lots of hauling stuff in and out of the unit and putting it in their garage, brought us to about 9:30pm.  Very exhausted, we broke for dinner at Washington Street Bar and Grill.  David bought us dinner.  I thought I was being nice and ordering a regular burger, ended up being the most expensive burger and was a whole 1 pound burger---oops.  Half of it went back to the Sandpiper with us!  But first, we had one more load of goods to get out of the U Haul.  I also managed to pull another calf muscle---this time in the same leg as my bum knee.  The pulled muscle in my right leg had pretty much healed from the week before.  But now I was limping again.  We didn't get back to the Sandpiper until after midnight.  Hope our neighbors didn't hear us taking showers in the wee hours of the morning, but there was no going to sleep as cruddy as I felt.  Sure felt good to finally lay down.

No comments:

Post a Comment